How To Create A Gmail Account
Gmail is a free, web-based email service, which is accessible from any Web browser anywhere in the world (just need internet connection). Google first introduced Gmail in 2004 and limited test accounts were made available in 2005.
To sign up for Gmail, you will need to create a Google Account to access multiple Google services. Create a Google Account is free.
Follow the below step to sign up for a Google account.
- Go to Gmail homepage: mail.google.com.
- Click on the “create account” button below the sign in form. The signup form will appear.
- For you to be able to create a new Gmail account, you will need to enter some personal information, including: Name, Birthdate, and gender.
- You will have to pick your Gmail account “Username”. This will be used to create your unique email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Some usernames may not be available if the username you chose is not available anymore (usernames need to be unique), Gmail will tell you, and you will have to choose a different Gmail account name; Google will also suggest you available name.
- Choose your password: Keep your account secure. Try to chose an unforgettable, but a secure password. Google may explain that you should try one with at least eight characters long to be secure. You’ll need to re-enter your password to ensure that you write it correctly.
- Fill “Your current email address” field, if you have an address associated with another email service provider. It is used for recovery if you forget and want to recover your password.
- You will also ask to insert a ‘Captcha’ code, a verification tool that ensures that is not a bot is creating the account. Complete the ‘Captcha’. If you can’t read it, click the refresh button next to the text field to get an other one, or click the speaker button. You can skip this step, but if you do it, you will need to verify your account via a mobile phone number you provide (for free).
- Select your current location.
- Finally, click on “Next step” button and you will be asked to complete your user profile. It is up to you whether you want to do that or not.
Congratulations, you have now created your new Gmail account which you can now send and receive email and access all other Google service.
After creating an account, simply enter the Gmail website url: gmail.com in the browser’s address and login to your Gmail account by typing in your username (email@example.com) and password.